Long Term – Personal Care Service
Who is eligible? Medicaid recipients who are either:
65 years of age or older, OR
21 years of age or older with disabilities. Disable is defined as meeting the eligibility criteria established by the Social Security Administration.
These individuals must also:
Meet the requirement for nursing facility level or care, AND
Be prior authorize
What are personal care services?
Personal care services are those services that provide assistance with activities of daily living (ADL) and instrumental of daily living (lADL). They may be either the actual performance of the personal care task for the individual or supervision and prompting so the individual performs the task by him/herself. They include tasks such as:
|Activities of Daily Living
||Instrumental Activities of Daily Living
- Transferring(getting in/out of the tub, from bed to chair):
- Reminding the recipient to take medication
- Light housekeeping;
- Food preparation and storage;
- Grocery shopping;
- Assisting w/scheduling medical appt. when necessary;
- Accompanying the recipient to medical appt. when necessary due to the recipient’s frail condition; and
- Assisting the recipient to access transportation.
NOTE: You must require assistance with one or more ADL in order to qualify for LT-PCS. If you qualify for LT-PCS the number is 1-877-456-1140